• Login:
Welcome Unregistered!
Page 2 of 144 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Face of Mankind to Cease Operations 8/31

Dolly Inc. Rehabilitate

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by [DEV] neXeon View Post
    Dear community,

We have come to the joint decision with Duplex to shutdown the Face of Mankind servers on August 31, 2015. Although we would personally love to see ♥♥♥ live forever, every game has a lifetime and we feel that ♥♥♥'s lifetime has come to an end. The engine behind it is too old to create new, meaningful content, and the visuals aren't on par with newer releases that come out on an almost daily basis.

We would like to thank all of the players (both current and past) and the backers for their continued loyalty and devotion to the game. Face of Mankind was always about the players, and without you all, it wouldn't be here today.

Before we pull the plug, we invite you all to login and have a few final laughs and duels. I'll try to be on myself so that we can chat in global during the game's final moments.

Although we strongly considered community development, that option did not seem feasible in the end and likely wouldn't have affected the game's growth and population.

Please feel free to contact us with any ideas or inquiries related to the title.
    any chance we get can get a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ for the last couple of days?

Silver Backer Fall of the Dominion Backer

Array
    All in all i got to give props to ♥♥♥ for lasting this long, i think most of us can agree that FOTD was a complete disaster, however i've always loved the original versions of the game and it will take many years for me (or never) to completely forget the fun and dedication i had for this game, it was a fun handfull of years and i hope all the interweb people i got to know continue their days into succes.

Gold Backer Fall of the Dominion Backer

Array
    This is a serious bummer that we all really saw coming from miles away.

DeMorgans Castle Custodian

Array
    So, the only real question I have here is if the intellectual property behind ♥♥♥ will be for sale (or given to the community if you want to be very nice). And I am not talking about the programming or game client or whatever, I am talking about shit like the backstory and the faction names and all that shit.

Lets face it, its sad that its dead, but I don't think anybody honestly did not see this coming. But its still about the best MMO that ever was there, so most of us here would like to see a good remake.

Bronze Backer Fall of the Dominion Backer

Array
    rip, never forget

Dolly Inc. Rehabilitate
    Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonrebel View Post
    So, the only real question I have here is if the intellectual property behind ♥♥♥ will be for sale (or given to the community if you want to be very nice). And I am not talking about the programming or game client or whatever, I am talking about shit like the backstory and the faction names and all that shit.

Lets face it, its sad that its dead, but I don't think anybody honestly did not see this coming. But its still about the best MMO that ever was there, so most of us here would like to see a good remake.
    The concept was unic I do hope it is gonna be sold or given away. The best i could dream now is that they remake it with new game engine

Dominion Citizen
    Array
    ♥♥♥ never dies.

Dolly Inc. Rehabilitate

Array
    Rip ♥♥♥

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeMorgans Castle Custodian

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokor Xzetof View Post
    The concept was unic I do hope it is gonna be sold or given away. The best i could dream now is that they remake it with new game engine
    They can only sell it to either community members, give it to them, or try to sell to somebody pretty stupid. Nobody with some sense of business will remake ♥♥♥ in a way that is good.

Pizza Delivery Guy
    Array
    Release the source code so someone really clever and smart can port step by step to another better-looking popular free engine, or carry your licensing to the grave, I wonder what value does it have to you at this point other than the If I dont get profit no one gets profit