• Login:
Welcome Unregistered!
Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Face of Mankind to Cease Operations 8/31

Hybrid View

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    neXeon Technologies Fall of the Dominion Backer

Array

Face of Mankind to Cease Operations 8/31

Dear community,

We have come to the joint decision with Duplex to shutdown the Face of Mankind servers on August 31, 2015. Although we would personally love to see ♥♥♥ live forever, every game has a lifetime and we feel that ♥♥♥'s lifetime has come to an end. The engine behind it is too old to create new, meaningful content, and the visuals aren't on par with newer releases that come out on an almost daily basis.

We would like to thank all of the players (both current and past) and the backers for their continued loyalty and devotion to the game. Face of Mankind was always about the players, and without you all, it wouldn't be here today.

Before we pull the plug, we invite you all to login and have a few final laughs and duels. I'll try to be on myself so that we can chat in global during the game's final moments.

Although we strongly considered community development, that option did not seem feasible in the end and likely wouldn't have affected the game's growth and population.

Please feel free to contact us with any ideas or inquiries related to the title.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - www.nexeontech.com - North America, Europe

Silver Backer Fall of the Dominion Backer

Array
    2003-2015 #Neverforget

Bronze Backer Fall of the Dominion Backer

Array
    This is what happens when you ignore the game and players start to leave?

Dolly Inc. Rehabilitate

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Alerion McTerien View Post
    This is what happens when you ignore the game and players start to leave?
    Game was fun despite being old, perhaps if someone would develop a new game similar to ♥♥♥ on a new engine and do it correctly.

. I would have kept playing ♥♥♥ myself, the problem, game felt too much of a grind, and the game itself was nowhere like the original ♥♥♥, the developers just had no idea what to do which is why the game started out strong and everyone started leaving the game.

♥♥♥ however is one of those games like NeoCron 2 you just can't forget and remember for the rest of your Real Life.

Perhaps they should consider selling to an active developer team the rights to the game who can actually do the game right perhaps some company will buy it out.

I really do miss the Original ♥♥♥, and the Old FDC that once exist.

DeMorgans Castle Custodian

Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    Game was fun despite being old, perhaps if someone would develop a new game similar to ♥♥♥ on a new engine and do it correctly.

. I would have kept playing ♥♥♥ myself, the problem, game felt too much of a grind, and the game itself was nowhere like the original ♥♥♥, the developers just had no idea what to do which is why the game started out strong and everyone started leaving the game.

♥♥♥ however is one of those games like NeoCron 2 you just can't forget and remember for the rest of your Real Life.

Perhaps they should consider selling to an active developer team the rights to the game who can actually do the game right perhaps some company will buy it out.

I really do miss the Original ♥♥♥, and the Old FDC that once exist.
    They can't sell it. ♥♥♥ isn't a game with an economic future. They tried to make it work three different times with three different business models and it failed every time.
    First normal subscribtion, and this even at the time where MMOs were generally with subscription, not now where most people expect free to play. It didn't work.
    The micropayments. They don't work in ♥♥♥. ♥♥♥ is the type of game where even limiting cosmetic items to certain players means the game is imbalanced and not as good as it could be.
    Then the last time around, they finally had a business model that might work, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er, which is pretty much a donation based system, and while they got funds to do some shit, they also changed the game way too much for it to be liked by many of the people that donated. By the way, if you donated and didn't see it coming that the game would be a totally different game and not as good, you have only your self to blame. Not too long before the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er, the devs made a post where they said they were looking to attract a different kind of demographic, those interested in FPS and willing to spend ♥♥♥♥♥ both on cosmetics as well as on things that give them more power ingame. And even if you did not read that post, they had a ♥♥♥♥ing poll during the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er in which they asked if you wanted to have vortex gates back, or dual weilding pistols or pets. Does a poll with those 3 options sound like a poll for a ♥♥♥ like game?

Nah, ♥♥♥ just doesn't work economically. The only viable system for income is donations. Just look at how many players bought tons of things on the micropayment market, not because they needed it, but just to give more ♥♥♥♥♥ to the devs to keep the game running.

This game can only function in the hands of the community without a goal of profit. Anything else just doesn't work. It is too different from other MMOs and doesn't have the advertising budget for people to give it a chance in a subscription model. And almost any kind of microtransactions upset the balance.

Dominion Senator Fall of the Dominion Backer

Array
    DL killed ♥♥♥. Or Dietrich did. I can never keep it straight.

Dolly Inc. Rehabilitate

Array
    Ah the good times when Alanis and Jack Frost sucked ♥♥♥♥ to get rank

Dolly Inc. Rehabilitate
    Array
    Cheers for the game

Dolly Inc. Rehabilitate Fall of the Dominion Backer

Array
    R.i.p.

Dolly Inc. Rehabilitate
    Array
    Cheers for the memories.