Hello Community & Beyond,
This game has gone through many transitions in what type of game it will be, and during that time frame it lost what its core aspect was; role play.
Many of the features you currently see in the game were dreamed by some of the oldest veterans - content was delivered to accommodate those nostalgic requests and due to the game losing its role play light, has not been utilized to its full potential yet.
In an effort to promote these new features to the fullest extent, we will be putting all staff focus on role play. Lots of time has been spent in combat and how to better accommodate combat & battles; we have not put much emphasis in promoting the best aspects of this game. Moving forward, we will be making the following changes;
- In-game voice communication
- Necars Field or DMC will be a high-yielding Penalty Point prison (whichever is harder to get out of)
- Arresting will be limited to the LED, with some minor abilities to FDC (to be decided)
- Interface bug fixes
- Drop the requirement of creating a custom faction to 5 players
Caveat: There will be strict activity requirements for these factions to be maintained.
- Methods for factions to advertise globally in-game (to be decided)
- Disable global chat
Alternatively only have a colony chat
- Resolve patcher slowness (to be decided)
- Strict requirement of role play names (first/last)
- Remove 99% of the forums, leave only a general discussion, roleplay and bug/patch-related forums.
We will have a ZERO TOLERANCE rule on anyone who flames and does not have constructive posts.This will help encourage factions to create their own sites/forums.
- Put a strong emphasis to the role play features we provide on the front website.
Furthermore, both the LED and FDC will be staff-controlled at the highest level, with players as the high command of each. This will help ensure the non-existence of corruption and promote positive role play. We will iron what the plans are with both of these factions in a different thread; however, we are looking to restore some of the old school departments such as DPI for training. We'd ultimately /like/ new players to join LED or FDC first to get their initial training into the game, then decide how they want to proceed after this.
We will be putting some effort into marketing the game to various role play communities in other games, and help get the word spread outside of steam and normal means of MMO advertising. In reality, most role play players are looking for one of a few things:
- Drug Dealers
- Weapons Dealers
We cater to all of these in various methods and so much more. There are thousands of communities out there in other games that are imitating a fraction of the features we offer in Face of Mankind - we plan to tap into those communities.
I will further note, that role play will be something the staff is going to help enforce, without abuse. We will not tolerate people purposely or deliberately trying to destroy a players role play attempt for self gratification. This is NOT an FPS.
To touch a little bit on some of the role play ideas we have, I will detail some below - please keep in mind these are quick notes straight from a document I created with everything.
The goal of this would be to establish a colonial senate, consisting of the default 8 faction leaders. The faction leaders should be encouraged to help maintain the integrity of roleplay and continuance of making the game fun for everyone. Factions outside of these do not have to adhere to any ruling the senate makes, however, are punishable by dominion law for not doing so. This includes any faction that does not adhere to something that was agreed on by majority.
Various laws can be negotiated by the senate and then ratified into dominion law through the president. (we should have some default laws that can never be altered, however, to maintain integrity of a police force, i.e.: weapons on earth, drugs, etc)
Senate meetings to be done via in-game voice only? (this would require options to mute everyone but senators)
- Having this would allow us to twitch.tv or stream it for people who can't be in-game (good for marketing too)
- This would require all senators have microphones and willing to communicate that way
LED DPI Training Ideas:
- Should be the entry course into the game and LED, explanation of all the default factions and how to perform various things within the game.
- Should only contain minor information leading them to stay with the LED. We should maintain this training course to ensure the player knows how to play the game so they do not get lost or frustrated on not knowing what to do.
- Should be the secondary course given after 101, however, this is more catered to the LED. Full explanation of what the LED is/does, how laws are maintained and the various departments within the LED.
- Should consist of doing actual patrols, minor combat training, and performing basic functions of various departments so they can decide what path they wantnto take.
- "Intermediate Combat" - this should be exclusively for combat training, showing how to use various weapons and tools when in combat. We should also dive into performance boosters and various other things to make someone better at combat and arresting.
- "Expert Combat" - this will also be exclusive for combat training, however, it will include information and training down to the very smallest details on how to perform well in combat. (Requirement of an elite department in the future?)
- Each department that is joinable by anyone should have their own additional course that is required (but not guaranteed) for entry into that given department.
- This will help ensure they know the ins and outs before becoming apart of it.
This position will forever be the same name, however, can be maintained by multiple people. Should be visible at every senate meeting, as well as the single point of pushing new laws into affect. This should not be a character that is seen just walking around, and should only be visible if serving a purpose to roleplay. Should always be heavily guarded by the FDC.
Short-Long term ideas:
Phone app that shows (because it would help people stay connected to the game!):
- Character stats
- Colony overview (ownership, contest, etc)
- Faction chat!!
- In-game mails
Facebook/steam integration (not sure if this is ever possible)
- This is to make complete registration easier, people also like to use same login for everything
- Allow factions to build their own sites and include information about their faction on their page through an API
- Create a website/page that allows people to search characters(?)