PDA

View Full Version : Face of Mankind to Cease Operations 8/31

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

[DEV] neXeon
07-13-2015, 04:12 PM
Dear community,

We have come to the joint decision with Duplex to shutdown the Face of Mankind servers on August 31, 2015. Although we would personally love to see ♥♥♥ live forever, every game has a lifetime and we feel that ♥♥♥'s lifetime has come to an end. The engine behind it is too old to create new, meaningful content, and the visuals aren't on par with newer releases that come out on an almost daily basis.

We would like to thank all of the players (both current and past) and the backers for their continued loyalty and devotion to the game. Face of Mankind was always about the players, and without you all, it wouldn't be here today.

Before we pull the plug, we invite you all to login and have a few final laughs and duels. I'll try to be on myself so that we can chat in global during the game's final moments.

Although we strongly considered community development, that option did not seem feasible in the end and likely wouldn't have affected the game's growth and population.

Please feel free to contact us with any ideas or inquiries related to the title.

Rian Felix
07-13-2015, 04:35 PM
2003-2015 #Neverforget

Alerion McTerien
07-13-2015, 04:36 PM
This is what happens when you ignore the game and players start to leave?

Cuyval Dar
DL killed ♥♥♥. Or Dietrich did. I can never keep it straight.

Mandem Boi
Cheers for the game

Pulse
07-13-2015, 04:37 PM
R.i.p.

Lady Beefmarine
07-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Cheers for the memories.

Rian Felix
07-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Alerion does it matter? Face of Mankind is the style of game which supports the experienced players and makes it hard for newer players to become known in. But as most people are aware of most people after reaching a certain age stop caring about a simple video game and are occupied with real problems.
Basically making it so the newer people remain noobs forever and the veterans dissapear into the shadows

Mandem Boi
07-13-2015, 04:41 PM
most people after reaching a certain age stop caring about a simple video game and are occupied with real problems.
Basically making it so the newer people remain noobs forever and the veterans dissapear into the shadows

This really. We cannot forget how poorly everything was done, I mean holy shit they ♥♥♥♥med me for £402 when i was a 14 year old and luckily got it back with compensation. But still thank you for everything until 2012.

Holt Brock
07-13-2015, 04:42 PM
Sanji, we can't bring it back anymore. :(

Boooo
07-13-2015, 04:43 PM
neXeon;384391']Dear community,

We have come to the joint decision with Duplex to shutdown the Face of Mankind servers on August 31, 2015. Although we would personally love to see ♥♥♥ live forever, every game has a lifetime and we feel that ♥♥♥'s lifetime has come to an end. The engine behind it is too old to create new, meaningful content, and the visuals aren't on par with newer releases that come out on an almost daily basis.

We would like to thank all of the players (both current and past) and the backers for their continued loyalty and devotion to the game. Face of Mankind was always about the players, and without you all, it wouldn't be here today.

Before we pull the plug, we invite you all to login and have a few final laughs and duels. I'll try to be on myself so that we can chat in global during the game's final moments.

Although we strongly considered community development, that option did not seem feasible in the end and likely wouldn't have affected the game's growth and population.

Please feel free to contact us with any ideas or inquiries related to the title.

any chance we get can get a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ for the last couple of days?

Rian Felix
07-13-2015, 04:45 PM
All in all i got to give props to ♥♥♥ for lasting this long, i think most of us can agree that FOTD was a complete disaster, however i've always loved the original versions of the game and it will take many years for me (or never) to completely forget the fun and dedication i had for this game, it was a fun handfull of years and i hope all the interweb people i got to know continue their days into succes.

Robert DeVasher
07-13-2015, 04:46 PM
This is a serious bummer that we all really saw coming from miles away.

dragonrebel
07-13-2015, 04:46 PM
So, the only real question I have here is if the intellectual property behind ♥♥♥ will be for sale (or given to the community if you want to be very nice). And I am not talking about the programming or game client or whatever, I am talking about shit like the backstory and the faction names and all that shit.

Lets face it, its sad that its dead, but I don't think anybody honestly did not see this coming. But its still about the best MMO that ever was there, so most of us here would like to see a good remake.

BioXide
07-13-2015, 04:49 PM
rip, never forget

Yokor Xzetof
07-13-2015, 04:50 PM
So, the only real question I have here is if the intellectual property behind ♥♥♥ will be for sale (or given to the community if you want to be very nice). And I am not talking about the programming or game client or whatever, I am talking about shit like the backstory and the faction names and all that shit.

Lets face it, its sad that its dead, but I don't think anybody honestly did not see this coming. But its still about the best MMO that ever was there, so most of us here would like to see a good remake.

The concept was unic I do hope it is gonna be sold or given away. The best i could dream now is that they remake it with new game engine

Revan Core
07-13-2015, 04:50 PM
♥♥♥ never dies.

Hadib M Aladeen
07-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Rip ♥♥♥

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragonrebel
07-13-2015, 04:53 PM
The concept was unic I do hope it is gonna be sold or given away. The best i could dream now is that they remake it with new game engine

They can only sell it to either community members, give it to them, or try to sell to somebody pretty stupid. Nobody with some sense of business will remake ♥♥♥ in a way that is good.

Beer Baron
07-13-2015, 04:53 PM
Release the source code so someone really clever and smart can port step by step to another better-looking popular free engine, or carry your licensing to the grave, I wonder what value does it have to you at this point other than the If I dont get profit no one gets profit

Crezena
07-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Does this mean free premium for August?

Hackins
07-13-2015, 04:55 PM
wow that took forever.

i personally loved this game before FOTD. after it was good but not the same magic that kept me playing before.
i gave up on fotd long ago when i gave venus all my stuff and uc.

here was my only ♥♥♥ related video. i shot myself on titan :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcGFFR4ETTE

well goodbye ♥♥♥......until i can buy you.

Ferin Sha
07-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Will rep be saved on an external hard drive?

Beer Baron
07-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Also I would like to note, Tod is the King In the Multicoms, ♥♥♥ died during his watch.

Yokor Xzetof
07-13-2015, 04:57 PM
♥♥♥ never dies.

I agree with that. I am too much believer.

InterCityFirmWhu
07-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the great times and memories. Game was best 2009-2011 for me. Met a lot of great people since starting this game. I think you should open up the forums like it was before and have the off topic discussion forums and all that back.

Jack ONeill
07-13-2015, 05:01 PM
Can Brad Rivers be excluded from the final reputation count? Thanks.

Bio Hazard
07-13-2015, 05:03 PM
This will be my last post on forums. Shame on you! DEV's targeted.

Korpze
07-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Will i ever get that 10 years of my life back?

Octovian deChateau
07-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Thank you for 10 years of gaming Duplex ,and to nexeon for the nice try. Woah, been playing /monitoring forums for all this time .Makes me a bit sad . Again Thx again for all those good moment NO OTHER GAME Was more fun fo me ! Great Concept .Cya all devs, community . Lord Vader (original fat character CMG) says good bye and cya and the day of death or the day before.Again Thank you.

Vios
07-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Ahh...

Let it end.

any chance we get can get a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ for the last couple of days?

Ha ha ha ha ...

Hilarious. This made my day.

Armitxes
07-13-2015, 05:12 PM
It had to come... RIP ♥♥♥

Hans Landa
07-13-2015, 05:13 PM
We need another ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er.

Naz Guller
07-13-2015, 05:13 PM
Despite peoples bad memories of this game I think that we all at one point enjoyed playing it.

Nazguller

RIP

Hans Landa
07-13-2015, 05:17 PM
double posted***

Arsenic
07-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Goodnight and goodbye. It was fun, and I made a few friends. It would be interesting to see what remains released to the community, though....

Mandem Boi
Despite peoples bad memories of this game I think that we all at one point enjoyed playing it.

Nazguller

RIP

Agreed, and this is the one post where nobody should say anything based on hatred. Does anyone regret their ♥♥♥ time?

TRINITY
Sorry to hear this. I miss you guys!!

Hackins
07-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Agreed, and this is the one post where nobody should say anything based on hatred. Does anyone regret their ♥♥♥ time?

well at least i don't

Vios
07-13-2015, 05:31 PM
Does anyone regret their ♥♥♥ time?

No regrets of ever playing it. Met a lot of good people... and bad... worse.

Speaking of regrets other people might have...
When it comes to the idio... the hopeful individuals that dumped ridiculous amounts of funds into the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er, I can only laugh my ass off. Saw it coming before it even started.

Naz Guller
07-13-2015, 05:34 PM
No regrets of ever playing it. Now... when it comes to the idio... the hopeful individuals that dumped ridiculous amounts of funds into a kick starter, I can only laugh my ass off, since I saw it coming before it even started.
Anyone could of seen it happen just at the time hoped for more than what happened.

InterCityFirmWhu
07-13-2015, 05:36 PM
@Nexeon if you have any free Face of Mankind T Shirts, Mouse Pad's, Headset's, you want to give away I will gladly accept the offer. I need something to remember ♥♥♥.

Cadonez the Wizard
07-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Release the rights so someone can chosoe to develop it.
RIP developers not listening to (important) people is what killed the game. Nice job

Revan Core
07-13-2015, 05:46 PM
Reverse engineer like SWGemu.

Rian Felix
07-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Does anyone regret their ♥♥♥ time?
I can honestly say that every moment i spent in ♥♥♥ was a moment well spent, i'd rather speak to people on a faction chat than mindlessly shoot kids in call of duty.

[GM] Ducky
07-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Rest in Pieces ♥♥♥ :'(

Gonna miss ya, Most of the players were pretty cool. Had a good laugh with the majority of you all and had some good times as a player. Had some good times as staff too, not as many but still a few...

It's been a good run. Been great meeting you all and I wish y'all luck with your future endeavors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGes7FDmHAM

dragonrebel
07-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Reverse engineer like SWGemu.

Its pretty much impossible, you have to reverse engineer so ♥♥♥♥ing much, because the way the server used to connect looks barely anything like new ♥♥♥, so you can't get packet traces and rework from there. You have to actually do reverse engineering on a much lower scale, which is much to time consuming for something better remade in a new engine.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SivRsjPCR3U

Alec Zechs
07-13-2015, 06:02 PM
I thought about saying something emotional but then I remembered the sorry state of the game, it's like sending off a loved one with 110 years of age with the max amount of tumours a living human being could have, ebola and brain dead.

Was fun, though I gotta say out of the amount of time I played ♥♥♥ most of the memories were bad if I do the math, but the good memories easily outmatch the bad memories, best gaming experience I ever had

Revan Core
07-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Its pretty much impossible, you have to reverse engineer so ♥♥♥♥ing much, because the way the server used to connect looks barely anything like new ♥♥♥, so you can't get packet traces and rework from there. You have to actually do reverse engineering on a much lower scale, which is much to time consuming for something better remade in a new engine.

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SivRsjPCR3U

That is very true. Even the guys at SWGemu are having it take a while and I would say they're pretty competent.

Moppy
07-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the farewell night so this is my cya. Twas fun for a good 8 or so years...this the last 4 were garbage I still had some fun times...so uh yeah...bai...

dragonrebel
07-13-2015, 06:07 PM
That is very true. Even the guys at SWGemu are having it take a while and I would say they're pretty competent.

They might have had some packet traces as well. Without it, its really just such a huge pain. Its also on an engine that hasn't been used often, so little information available. I checked a bunch of things, but I quickly get to a point where its just above my skill level (which admittedly is low).
Here is all I managed so far: https://mega.co.nz/#F!twcnkKyQ!8PsOXT1iR0zgvkkgudlhkg
It has the 2007 disked version, because other installers were almost impossible to find, I just chose to buy the old disk.

marsters121
07-13-2015, 06:07 PM
R.I.P

It had it coming. LOL

Mike Lucki
07-13-2015, 06:08 PM
Unfortunately I was never really able to get back into it after FoTD. I hoped one day I'd be able to revisit, but the appeal just never came back :( But still I've spent hundreds and probably thousands of hours of playing ♥♥♥ since '05.

I still don't regret backing it on ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er even though I never really played it once it came out.

Erie Daniels
07-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Goodbye Face of Mankind. People should have TS parties to "tribute the game"

Sureshot
07-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Goodbye, Cheers to everyone who knew / played with me. And as much shit as I gave you (dev) you are alright peoples and you had nothing but good intent when you took on this challenge. I wish everyone the best of luck in the future and if you find any other sick games like this let me know and we can merc out.

Andrew Scythe
07-13-2015, 06:46 PM
Thanks for all the good times and all the best to The Devs, GM Team, Duplex and the Community for whatever lies ahead. Take care!

John Reese
07-13-2015, 06:58 PM
RIP ♥♥♥. Had some wonderful experiences I will never forget.

They might have had some packet traces as well. Without it, its really just such a huge pain. Its also on an engine that hasn't been used often, so little information available. I checked a bunch of things, but I quickly get to a point where its just above my skill level (which admittedly is low).
Here is all I managed so far: https://mega.co.nz/#F!twcnkKyQ!8PsOXT1iR0zgvkkgudlhkg
It has the 2007 disked version, because other installers were almost impossible to find, I just chose to buy the old disk.

I also took a look at reverse engineering. I only worked with 1.5.6.7, 1.5.9.9 and 1.6.1.4, but I reached similar conclusions as you. Set up an FTP server and tried like 20+ different ways of formatting version.txt and launcherversion.txt.

Found the dpsmagic launcher parameters as well, but couldn't get them to work. Maybe this was patched in the more recent versions? I ended up decompiling and slightly modifying an instruction in the launcher to get me to the login screen anyway. (Basically my first actual run-in with reverse engineering, so it took me a couple of days.)

This is basically where I gave up, ran out of time and/or reached my skill cap, but I see you continued a bit longer. Very interesting. I need to start making more detailed notes.

MrGodZilla
07-13-2015, 07:00 PM
A game ends before I could get the chance to play it.

That's some luck.

Patryk Curra
07-13-2015, 07:02 PM
Never thought I'd see this happen but I can't say I'm too surprised. It was a fun couple of years even though I was never a huge part of the game. RIP ♥♥♥ hopefully we'll see another like you done correctly.

Oskar Teshik
07-13-2015, 07:06 PM
are you happy now builts, you finally did it

dragonrebel
07-13-2015, 07:09 PM
RIP ♥♥♥. Had some wonderful experiences I will never forget.

I also took a look at reverse engineering. I only worked with 1.5.6.7, 1.5.9.9 and 1.6.1.4, but I reached similar conclusions as you. Set up an FTP server and tried like 20+ different ways of formatting version.txt and launcherversion.txt.

Found the dpsmagic launcher parameters as well, but couldn't get them to work. Maybe this was patched in the more recent versions? I ended up decompiling and slightly modifying an instruction in the launcher to get me to the login screen anyway. (Basically my first actual run-in with reverse engineering, so it took me a couple of days.)

This is basically where I gave up, ran out of time and/or reached my skill cap, but I see you continued a bit longer. Very interesting. I need to start making more detailed notes.

Was my first real run in it too. Found a bunch of fun stuff, but couldn't really get anything to work.
Also just now testing out some fun to see if I can load the levels with Nolf 2 toolkit, haven't been able to so far, but managed to load these two in the model editor. http://i.imgur.com/QXEzUWN.png

larsreallars
07-13-2015, 07:18 PM
The old girl will sleep now.
may it have a good long sleep

John Reese
07-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Was my first real run in it too. Found a bunch of fun stuff, but couldn't really get anything to work.
Also just now testing out some fun to see if I can load the levels with Nolf 2 toolkit, haven't been able to so far, but managed to load these two in the model editor. http://i.imgur.com/QXEzUWN.png

Ah, yes. Loaded up rampy in the model editor.

Also found a way to convert the maps from BSP to static mesh for use in Blender/UE4, but I found no way to keep textures/materials, and it would literally take weeks to re-apply those, excluding the time it takes to learn UV mapping (fun challenge). Would also have to add collision.

https://i.imgur.com/44Wx2mK.jpg

Now it's time for bed however.

MrGodZilla
07-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Interesting posts here, sadly I can't play for the remaining days because of a wonderful "Connection Failed" error.

dragonrebel
07-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Ah, yes. Loaded up rampy in the model editor.

Also found a way to convert the maps from BSP to static mesh for use in Blender/UE4, but I found no way to keep textures/materials, and it would literally take weeks to re-apply those, excluding the time it takes to learn UV mapping (fun challenge). Would also have to add collision.

https://i.imgur.com/44Wx2mK.jpg

Now it's time for bed however.
Cool, how did you do that? Many of the worlds don't have that good a layout, but some of them had a nice atmosphere around them.

Gareth
07-13-2015, 07:43 PM
How will we know who won ♥♥♥? Will there be a leaderboard posted somewhere?

John Reese
07-13-2015, 07:46 PM
Cool, how did you do that? Many of the worlds don't have that good a layout, but some of them had a nice atmosphere around them.
Honestly, it took a ton of google fu and a lot of trial and error. I did actually for once make quite detailed notes, even step-by-step instructions. I could probably dig it up tomorrow if it's of interest.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oblivious
07-13-2015, 08:07 PM
It’s strange, isn’t it? Saying goodbye to something that feels almost as if it has become a part of who we are. A game and a community that leaves an impact so deeply, it ultimately works to help define us. While now I sit as a Developer, the time I spent as a player is not lost on me. That silly tagline at the top of the page, “Live The Fiction,” really does quite effectively embody all that it meant to be a dedicated ♥♥♥ player. This was more than a game at one point. It was a living, breathing universe, filled with unique people and ideas.

I still vividly remember my first day in the game. I wandered around Pax Prime as a fresh BOS recruit, trying to figure out what I was meant to do in the universe. I learned of DeMorgan’s Prison Colony, and decided that I would go there to talk to the warden. I, some poultry 13 year old, demanded to speak to the warden, and out came Lucy Trent. I wanted to be a spy for the LED, working within the Brotherhood to help bring them down. After being told that they needed recruits more than they need spies, I learned how to change my faction, and I was hooked on the game for life.

I can still hear the voice of Speeded Sniper, angrily yelling over Ventrilo at me. “NARUTO!!!!” he would scream, demanding to know why I had arrested someone without warrant. I would always give a terrible excuse, and for the most part, I’d get away with it. Over the years I’ve started and ended a lot of relationships with all of you, and I wouldn’t trade my experiences here for the world.

Despite being so young, the complexities of the game’s society were not lost on me, and I made it my life’s goal to become a developer for the game. I worked for years to gain the skills necessary to do so, sending my work off to Duplex only to have him reply that I wasn’t good enough, but to keep trying. Eventually, Nexeon was given control of the game, and I finally had the opportunity I had worked half of my life for. I was a level designer for Face of Mankind. While my role as level designer was short, I created the Yukon airlock and made Berlin darker, under the watchful eye of neXeon. As an ex-hacker, his trust was hard-earned, but in the end it was worth it.

For the last four years, this game has been my life. I spent my days writing code, and my nights talking to players and reading the forums. Not a day went by that I wasn’t trying to make the game as great as I could. I would attempt to read every forum thread possible, to a fault. At one point early in my career, neXeon actually had to ban me from the forums so that I’d get more work done on the game. My hope was that studying the feedback and the society would make me a better developer, and although there have been hurdles along the way, I’d like to think that was time well spent.

I won’t dwell on the mistakes of the past though, as there’s nothing we can do to change them now. All I can do is try to do better. I’ll be more open with players in the future, and I try to develop less rigid schedules that allow for plenty of iteration time during development to make the game perfect. In the end though, I can’t help it if you were disappointed by “Fall of the Dominion,” and for that, I apologize for letting you down.

Goodbye Face of Mankind,

Christopher “Oblivious” Allford
~ Naruto Uzumaki ~

[GM] Ducky
07-13-2015, 08:17 PM
My eye's are sweating after reading that Chris :'(

It's funny, you never really forget you first day. Mines roughly consisted of logging in, running around for 5 minutes till I found L1 on DMC. Talked to Santo, Lt MayDay and Blubje and ended up joining LED. From then on I spent nearly all my time online guarding L1. That was it, something so simple was yet something so entertaining. The people I met, The friends I found. ♥♥♥ Really was a one of a kind game.

Was in LED for the large majority of my time as a player, only leaving for about 3 days twice to join BoS and then realize it was a bad faction and joined LED again.

I'm gonna miss this game, Really will. It's been great meeting the players and finally getting a chance to volunteer as a GM for the game, even though that greatly decreases any rep you have and warrants a crap ton of abuse but it was worth it. As the green dinosaur said, wouldn't trade the experiences gained here for anything else.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/dont_want_to_go_doctor_who.gif

Sureshot
07-13-2015, 08:32 PM
My best memory was killing naruto when i was contracted by led, in vent listening to the rage. :>

We should keep the forum up and have all the bronze+ supporters name on a memorial or something holmes

Roger Sigma
07-13-2015, 08:34 PM
GG - was fun while it lasted. I didn't play much but I applaud the attempt Chris

MrGodZilla
07-13-2015, 09:36 PM
I still don't understand why you guys are acting like it's over, you still have till the end of August to play the game, on the other hand I'm stuck with connection errors and can't play the game at all.
Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

Roids Built
07-13-2015, 09:42 PM
Praise Gunba

Anya Clowes
07-13-2015, 10:17 PM
It's been a fun and unforgettable experience, everyone.

GG, See you all on the other side!

Gianni Liebhart
07-13-2015, 10:57 PM
The thought saddens me, but this must be the wisest decision you guys have ever made in the past few months.

To those who want to stay in touch, my Steam's giannig307

Tod Maddux
07-13-2015, 11:16 PM
I had fun.

technoeyes
07-13-2015, 11:27 PM
Kyngs 4 lyfe.

BnA lead the way.

Reaps989
07-13-2015, 11:34 PM
Well that bites, granted I quit years ago (Rage demotion from new council along with corruption in LED, no surprise.)

Granted was to busy with Fallen Earth to get back into it... maybe it will die next >_>

Mike Gunz
07-14-2015, 12:02 AM
I enjoyed my time with it. I just couldn't devote much time to it once Fall of the Dominion happened. It was a fun few years, and I made some friends out of it. It's just a shame to see it go, though I guess we all knew it was inevitable as things dwindled.

Christian Hayne
07-14-2015, 12:12 AM
Lezz be honest, this is Reefers fault

Santo
07-14-2015, 12:15 AM
i think it's evident as to how much ♥♥♥ meant to us all, considering the support it still garnered way, way past its prime. ♥♥♥ did have a revolutionary concept, which is why it's been my go-to game for years straight. met a lot of good people along the way with whom i shared experiences that would have hardly been possible on any other game. i'm thankful for that.

as for the devs and anyone associated with staff; i have little sympathy left for you and it has nothing to do with ♥♥♥'s overdue end result. you have for the longest time displayed an arrogant know-it-all attitude, incredibly bad conduct towards players (in the very rare instances were there was communication to begin with), and shady business practices - you did all of the above to such a vast extent that you lost even your most loyal supporters over the years. taking into account how persistently bad the community was handled, i can only speculate that there was some sort of contest going on in the background to the effect of a "how far can we actually take it" type of experiment. it doesn't take any kind of degree to see that a majority of decisions came fairly close to stepping to the edge of common sense, followed by hopping right the ♥♥♥♥ off.

as for the community; i reckon star citizen will be released in 2022, but considering 90% of ♥♥♥ players operates souped up ataris to play games, we'll probably start crossing paths on star citizen's private servers in 2029 shortly after their official server's shut down and everyone finally managed to upgrade their systems sufficiently.

Christian Hayne
07-14-2015, 12:20 AM
i think it's evident as to how much ♥♥♥ meant to us all, considering the support it still garnered way, way past its prime. ♥♥♥ did have a revolutionary concept, which is why it's been my go-to game for years straight. met a lot of good people along the way with whom i shared experiences that would have hardly been possible on any other game. i'm thankful for that.

as for the devs and anyone associated with staff; i have little sympathy left for you and it has nothing to do with ♥♥♥'s overdue end result. you have for the longest time displayed an arrogant know-it-all attitude, incredibly bad conduct towards players (in the very rare instances were there was communication to begin with), and shady business practices - you did all of the above to such a vast extent that you lost even your most loyal supporters over the years. taking into account how persistently bad the community was handled, i can only speculate that there was some sort of contest going on in the background to the effect of a "how far can we actually take it" type of experiment. it doesn't take any kind of degree to see that a majority of decisions came fairly close to stepping to the edge of common sense, followed by hopping right the ♥♥♥♥ off.

as for the community; i reckon star citizen will be released in 2022, but considering 90% of ♥♥♥ players operates souped up ataris to play games, we'll probably start crossing paths on star citizen's private servers in 2029 shortly after their official server's shut down and everyone finally managed to upgrade their systems sufficiently.

You forgot to blame Reefer

[GM] Thorn
07-14-2015, 12:28 AM
Rest in peace Face of Mankind. Thank you for the memories.

Safwan Ramzan
07-14-2015, 12:31 AM
well ladies, thanks for all the good times and giggles.

I hope the forums will remain open?

all of you need to add me on steam: safwanish

Banjo
07-14-2015, 12:34 AM
Legacy ♥♥♥ was and likely will, forever be my favorite game.
There are so many people I'd like to thank, but I think this forum have seen to many redundant lists of randoms.
So I'll leave it at; thank you all.
RIP o7

Scotty Baldwin
07-14-2015, 12:36 AM
God this game.... First day was back when i was around 13 or 14. but damn. me and my buddy joined LED and quickly learned.. LED were not to fun. me always wanting to join the marines at that age looked into the FDC and did FDC things for awhile. But honestly my best experiences with the game when i was in AE and VI. I took the leader of AE hostage while in AE 2 days before the reset cause i thought it would be cool. We had a stand off with the LED and FDC special task unit arrived and arrested me and all my friends.

The people ive met in this game some of them changed me for the rest of my life some of them wellll its ♥♥♥ haha. but the memories will always be with me. Thank you for the memories the good and the bad.

This game was about how you could do what ever you wanted to and be who ever you wanted to. I will miss it gladly Original open beta to now never forget!

Scotty Baldwin
ScottyB

Nat McKenzie
07-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Oh ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥.

Had some good times... Had a lotta bad times... But the good outweighed those(just)

I loved playing ♥♥♥, and getting to know some pretty decent people. I think I tried every faction at some point, but I think my family were always the FDC bunch.

I remember my first day in ♥♥♥ involved a lot of perma dieing. Most people knew me as Miss Love, but I think my first character was actualy called Miss Sparkle(was so long ago, I may actualy be wrong about that)

My favourite times in ♥♥♥ sadly, were my alien hunting days, because they were the only things I could actualy kill. Lol :D

In a few months, I will be marrying the man I met through ♥♥♥. So, that's one good thing to come out of it.

♥♥♥ was unique in it's own way, and although I havn't played for some months now, it still feels sad to hear it's going. Heck, I'm actualy surprised it lasted this far.

Good luck for the future, to all the staff and players.

(Waits for someone to bring ♥♥♥ back :p)

Yoona
07-14-2015, 12:41 AM
GG ♥♥♥. Nice memories with friends made. It was fun fighting hackers(Bear Force). Eventually you still cant win with hacks. Try harder William T Stafford hahaha. Pce.

Banjo
07-14-2015, 12:45 AM
[...]
In a few months, I will be marrying the man I met through ♥♥♥. So, that's one good thing to come out of it.
[...]

gratz, what was his ingame name?

Nat McKenzie
07-14-2015, 12:48 AM
gratz, what was his ingame name?
Jizzman McKenzie. And thank you. :)

Alec Zechs
07-14-2015, 12:48 AM

nah bro, by 2029 we will be playing chess at some old square in Germany talking about how good ♥♥♥ was

dragonrebel
07-14-2015, 01:13 AM
nah bro, by 2029 we will be playing chess at some old square in Germany talking about how good ♥♥♥ was

Just stay alive until 2317, once the market wars are over, we will finally really play ♥♥♥.

It probably comes to nobodies surprise that ♥♥♥ is stopping, but was there ever another option for ♥♥♥? ♥♥♥ just doesn't work economically. It is a wonderful game, but a wonderful game with almost zero ways to make ♥♥♥♥♥. Subscription was tried and failed, micropayments certainly don't work and with the last version the game was changed to try and make something work, and it didn't. You can't go for a subscription, ♥♥♥ needs an influx of new players and is too different for most people to be willing to pay right away (although at least its a better model than free to play with micropayments). Microtransactions don't work because ♥♥♥ just doesn't work if not everybody is as equal as possible to anybody else. On the one hand you can't sell cosmetic stuff because its just almost never useful. Either the people buying it aren't allowed to use it because they have to be in uniform or they have to make everybody else buy the same costume. Selling anything non cosmetic is even worse. Only a very limited number of items make sense, like the name changer. And that just doesn't get bought enough to provide income.
The only real way I see ♥♥♥ get enough income to survive is donation based. Because lets face it, quite a few people actually gave a substantial amount of ♥♥♥♥♥ to the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er just because they wanted ♥♥♥ to make a return. If you set up a 2007 ♥♥♥ version, you would probably get monthly donations to keep the server running without too much problem. ♥♥♥ is just the type of game that has to be completely run by its community and not a company behind it. Just because its best form is unable to charge for anything.

AgentLeo
07-14-2015, 01:36 AM
Wow feels :(, RIP ♥♥♥.

Michael Wynand
07-14-2015, 01:41 AM
Take care everyone, thanks for the lovely memories.

AgentLeo
07-14-2015, 01:54 AM
:FDC:

https://imageshack.com/i/1arf95p

agentpants
07-14-2015, 01:54 AM
Ah the good times when Alanis and Jack Frost sucked ♥♥♥♥ to get rank

Kath Graven
07-14-2015, 02:04 AM

I remember when Jizzman were helping me with some guy who were abusing me. Cheers for you both! :)

I Will never forget ♥♥♥ for all the time I spent in it. I were lucky I guess... I met a few really good people and some who were bad as a person. but that happens right?

I guess this is a really sad moment, so it's feels like this is the end... But I don't want to say goodbay, but thank you. Thank you for the good memories, the laugh and the chill. At this moment all the bad memories are forgiven.

Long Live ♥♥♥!

Vulpine
07-14-2015, 02:18 AM
I liked some of most of you.

HEXYDEZiMAL
07-14-2015, 03:16 AM
http://fatmogul.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Hannibal.gif

Evil Fakemarine
07-14-2015, 03:24 AM
RIP ♥♥♥. Bout time, though. Been here since 05.

Tornadium
07-14-2015, 03:29 AM
THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER.

Real talk: THIS REALLY IS THE BEST DAY EVER

larsreallars
07-14-2015, 03:34 AM
Woooow, holy cow, Congrats, i loved to play with you and jizzman, allways good RP.
Good luck with everything! :D

Tornadium
07-14-2015, 03:39 AM
Real talk,

I was legit going to kill myself.

Then I saw this and realized life is worth living.

Thanks for saving me.

Nat McKenzie
07-14-2015, 03:43 AM
Woooow, holy cow, Congrats, i loved to play with you and jizzman, allways good RP.
Good luck with everything! :D

Thank you, Lars. :)

I hope you've been keeping well. :)

James Hawk
07-14-2015, 03:44 AM
Was a fun run.

Cya around everyone!

Safwan Ramzan
07-14-2015, 04:07 AM
Can we re-open ♥♥♥ so Tornadium can ♥♥♥♥ing kill himself please

Tornadium
07-14-2015, 04:15 AM
Can we re-open ♥♥♥ so Tornadium can ♥♥♥♥ing kill himself please

Pls no

- - - Updated - - -

I want to live

Dagge
07-14-2015, 04:22 AM
About time.
Now share the game assets with the community!

Bye ♥♥♥unity, you will be missed.

Death Wyrm
07-14-2015, 04:38 AM
A) Can we get a layout of all the variables that were saved to the database?
B) Can we get some knowledge of how the server architecture worked?
C) Will we be allowed to use the textures for other projects?

HEXYDEZiMAL
07-14-2015, 04:42 AM
A) Can we get a layout of all the variables that were saved to the database?
B) Can we get some knowledge of how the server architecture worked?
C) Will we be allowed to use the textures for other projects?

http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_tiny/1197/11970954/2567935-002.jpg

Bounty XH
07-14-2015, 05:16 AM
Byebye ♥♥♥ , dem memories :happysad:

Hari Seldon
07-14-2015, 05:23 AM
The only winng move is not to play the game. This is the final findings of the ♥♥♥ social experiment, paper to be presented for peer review soon.

Hitori
07-14-2015, 05:25 AM
thank you to all devs, gms and especially the players. as like many others ♥♥♥ has been nothing like any other, i also remember my first day back in OB 05' getting lost in ground zero's transporting tunnels and being accused of attacking someone when an LED came to my aid and recommended i check out the classes, i did and that became my home for the next 10 years off and on. I had always loved watching the drama silently in the background occasionally dipping in when i made my way up the ranks and had some influence.

so whats next for the devs and gms? do you guys have anything to look forward to from here? also some requests, would it be possible to hand out premium/unlock the marketplace it would be awesome to have seen a few more of the golden weapons and experience some of the gear not many of us have had the chance to use, maybe some keys and we can go hunting like the old days...

as i said previously on the other thread and if its that last thing i can do for ♥♥♥ is try my best to keep the market stocked with weapons/ammo should anyone want to come online with something to do

I wish everyone the best in what you do, ♥♥♥ has always been the best online social experience ive ever had, the laughs, the drama, the arguments, the hate, the love (congrats to nat :) ) and the friends that have come and gone and stuck around through it all, thankyou

and finally if anyone would like to add me on steam my add is hitorii-kun

take it easy all and goodbye

Safwan Ramzan
07-14-2015, 05:45 AM
But on a more serious note, can we please enable the whole forums now? And unban all the dudes and dudettes. I want to have a cool community thing going on here

The game ain't over till I beat Beer Baron and become the king of Multicom as I truly deserve

Robolord
07-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Thanks...i guess. Thanks for running the game, thanks for investing time and effort into it, thanks for completely ♥♥♥♥ing it over multiple times while also destroying everyones fragile hope. But mostly, thanks for shutting it down.

I literally just came back from a holiday with people I met aprox 8 years ago in ♥♥♥, which are close RL friends now, so i'll never forget ♥♥♥. It was good while it lasted.

Tod Maddux
07-14-2015, 06:23 AM
But on a more serious note, can we please enable the whole forums now? And unban all the dudes and dudettes. I want to have a cool community thing going on here

The game ain't over till I beat Beer Baron and become the king of Multicom as I truly deserve

You will never defeat my champion.

Houser
07-14-2015, 06:41 AM
I remember this one time I saw a player wearing Cargo Pants and Flip Flops, so I wore Cargo Pants and Flip Flips.

[GM] Ducky
07-14-2015, 06:43 AM

Lol'd, I'll pester someone and see what we can do.

Kane Peregrine
07-14-2015, 07:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA

Porkel Ferguson
07-14-2015, 07:31 AM
05-06 were frankly the best times I had playing a game. makes me sad

so whats next guys?

Ricko Echo
07-14-2015, 08:07 AM
Game play makes the game. The Game play was Best in ♥♥♥S first Beta and was ruined swiftly afterwards. Any chance of doing a /systemrestore to the beginning and just set it up from there. Keep everything Free to play and only charge for premium but no coin?

Better Event managers as well. Players don't need to be aware that they are in an event as you can be subtle with it but seems like it was one of the best games I ever played. When it first came out without all the hundreds of changes it has had to date.

That's me signing out, thanks guys for the great game but wish you would just ♥♥♥♥♥♥ the title back to its former self.

Haman Karn
07-14-2015, 08:20 AM
Some community worthy should make a steam (help) group for everyone that survived ♥♥♥ to gather every so often and plague a new game.

Phoenix Mask
07-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Thank you for letting go

Really

Enviado de meu XT1040 usando Tapatalk

John Langdon
07-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Thank you for the good times, and especially the friends I've made over the years. ♥♥♥, you may be gone, but never forgotten.

o7

Safwan Ramzan
07-14-2015, 09:24 AM
so i'm thinking of making a ♥♥♥ support group

♥♥♥ anonymous. whos up

Nathaniel Hawk
07-14-2015, 09:31 AM
so i'm thinking of making a ♥♥♥ support group

♥♥♥ anonymous. whos up

Me

5ch

Safwan Ramzan
07-14-2015, 09:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8Yej1iQy9w

still the best ♥♥♥ fb video. like. ever

Knives Aldren
07-14-2015, 09:44 AM
I might put my forum back up if the interest is there to keep our dysfunctional family together. Can't say I'm surprised by this news. A part of me is saddened to see ♥♥♥ go. I always believed in the potential of this game and I'm more disappointed than anything else that it was never realized. Hard to believe it's been 10 years already. You'll be missed, ♥♥♥.

Sir John Michael
07-14-2015, 09:48 AM
The exploits of Booo and various other players in recent months have proven that ♥♥♥ has potential as a single player PvE/Crafting simulator. Maybe Nexeon should consider the possibility of re-launching the game in a new single player format, having made a few tweaks such as adding new NPC missions.

On a more serious note, some of the experiences I have had in ♥♥♥ are still the best I have ever experienced in gaming and I imagine that will stay that way for a long while. Thanks to everyone who made that the case, especially Monphat you ♥♥♥♥ed up psycho. Oh, and to those who spent years on the receiving end of my corrupt ways am I ♥♥♥♥ sorry because you all deserved it you drug dealing/peace disturbing/CMG/VI scum.
I look forward to oppressing you all in the various games we are sure to come across each other in. You can find me on steam under Sir John Michael (SJMichael)

All the best,
Your ever caring LED Commandant,
SJM

Houser
07-14-2015, 09:48 AM
I might put my forum back up if the interest is there to keep our dysfunctional family together. Can't say I'm surprised by this news. A part of me is saddened to see ♥♥♥ go. I always believed in the potential of this game and I'm more disappointed than anything else that it was never realized. Hard to believe it's been 10 years already. You'll be missed, ♥♥♥.

Do eeeeet!!!

Joshua Jones
07-14-2015, 09:53 AM
RIP, you were a baddie ♥♥♥, but you were my baddie. 2k15neverfurget

[DEV] neXeon
07-14-2015, 10:11 AM
I might see if we can find a way to keep the forums going just to keep the community together. It's integrated with the game in several ways though, so I'll need to have a web dev work around that later.

If we do that, the forums will be opened up and a lot of people likely unbanned.

♥♥♥'s been a bumpy ride recently but it's shaped so many of our lives over the years. A lot of us at Nexeon met through ♥♥♥, living in different states at the time, and still play games with a group of people from ♥♥♥ that got together about 9 years ago.

Although ♥♥♥, as an MMO game, is at the end of its life, the memories it created and friendships it forged will live on forever.

Yokor Xzetof
07-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the good time since 09, best game i played

Safwan Ramzan
07-14-2015, 10:23 AM
neXeon;384549']I might see if we can find a way to keep the forums going just to keep the community together. It's integrated with the game in several ways though, so I'll need to have a web dev work around that later.

If we do that, the forums will be opened up and a lot of people likely unbanned.

♥♥♥'s been a bumpy ride recently but it's shaped so many of our lives over the years. A lot of us at Nexeon met through ♥♥♥, living in different states at the time, and still play games with a group of people from ♥♥♥ that got together about 9 years ago.

Although ♥♥♥, as an MMO game, is at the end of its life, the memories it created and friendships it forged will live on forever.

thanks man. i appreciate it. this community deserves to have open forum to keep in touch with each other

Jackal
07-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Good riddens

Nathaniel Hawk
07-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Good riddens

Top grade banter.

crazyman64
07-14-2015, 10:41 AM
R.I.P
~ Jason Vercetti

Boooo
07-14-2015, 11:45 AM
Oblivious;384470']It’s strange, isn’t it? Saying goodbye to something that feels almost as if it has become a part of who we are. A game and a community that leaves an impact so deeply, it ultimately works to help define us. While now I sit as a Developer, the time I spent as a player is not lost on me. That silly tagline at the top of the page, “Live The Fiction,” really does quite effectively embody all that it meant to be a dedicated ♥♥♥ player. This was more than a game at one point. It was a living, breathing universe, filled with unique people and ideas.

I still vividly remember my first day in the game. I wandered around Pax Prime as a fresh BOS recruit, trying to figure out what I was meant to do in the universe. I learned of DeMorgan’s Prison Colony, and decided that I would go there to talk to the warden. I, some poultry 13 year old, demanded to speak to the warden, and out came Lucy Trent. I wanted to be a spy for the LED, working within the Brotherhood to help bring them down. After being told that they needed recruits more than they need spies, I learned how to change my faction, and I was hooked on the game for life.

I can still hear the voice of Speeded Sniper, angrily yelling over Ventrilo at me. “NARUTO!!!!” he would scream, demanding to know why I had arrested someone without warrant. I would always give a terrible excuse, and for the most part, I’d get away with it. Over the years I’ve started and ended a lot of relationships with all of you, and I wouldn’t trade my experiences here for the world.

Despite being so young, the complexities of the game’s society were not lost on me, and I made it my life’s goal to become a developer for the game. I worked for years to gain the skills necessary to do so, sending my work off to Duplex only to have him reply that I wasn’t good enough, but to keep trying. Eventually, Nexeon was given control of the game, and I finally had the opportunity I had worked half of my life for. I was a level designer for Face of Mankind. While my role as level designer was short, I created the Yukon airlock and made Berlin darker, under the watchful eye of neXeon. As an ex-hacker, his trust was hard-earned, but in the end it was worth it.

For the last four years, this game has been my life. I spent my days writing code, and my nights talking to players and reading the forums. Not a day went by that I wasn’t trying to make the game as great as I could. I would attempt to read every forum thread possible, to a fault. At one point early in my career, neXeon actually had to ban me from the forums so that I’d get more work done on the game. My hope was that studying the feedback and the society would make me a better developer, and although there have been hurdles along the way, I’d like to think that was time well spent.

I won’t dwell on the mistakes of the past though, as there’s nothing we can do to change them now. All I can do is try to do better. I’ll be more open with players in the future, and I try to develop less rigid schedules that allow for plenty of iteration time during development to make the game perfect. In the end though, I can’t help it if you were disappointed by “Fall of the Dominion,” and for that, I apologize for letting you down.

Goodbye Face of Mankind,

Christopher “Oblivious” Allford
~ Naruto Uzumaki ~

just give us a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ please!

- - - Updated - - -

neXeon;384549']I might see if we can find a way to keep the forums going just to keep the community together. It's integrated with the game in several ways though, so I'll need to have a web dev work around that later.

just put the dog down no need for the ghost to linger on what once was sounds like you guys dont really wanna shut down the game...

- - - Updated - - -

The exploits of Booo and various other players in recent months have proven that ♥♥♥ has potential as a single player PvE/Crafting simulator. Maybe Nexeon should consider the possibility of re-launching the game in a new single player format, having made a few tweaks such as adding new NPC missions.

On a more serious note, some of the experiences I have had in ♥♥♥ are still the best I have ever experienced in gaming and I imagine that will stay that way for a long while. Thanks to everyone who made that the case, especially Monphat you ♥♥♥♥ed up psycho. Oh, and to those who spent years on the receiving end of my corrupt ways am I ♥♥♥♥ sorry because you all deserved it you drug dealing/peace disturbing/CMG/VI scum.
I look forward to oppressing you all in the various games we are sure to come across each other in. You can find me on steam under Sir John Michael (SJMichael)

All the best,
Your ever caring LED Commandant,
SJM

i never explited the game just try to make content for you to log in and have fun shooting at me thats all

Death Wyrm
07-14-2015, 11:54 AM
just put the dog down no need for the ghost to linger on what once was sounds like you guys dont really wanna shut down the game...

We could just ban you so you can't see what people talk about. For you, it would be the same as the putting the dog down, you wouldn't be able to see it anymore, you'd know the corpse is there somewhere, but you won't be able to take the shovel and dig up the grave :). This would be best for everyone If those that wanted the forums put down as well were banned so they get the same experience as if the forums were down, k k ^_^.

Austin Cranford
07-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Really hope the fourms stay up

RIP ♥♥♥

Boooo
07-14-2015, 12:15 PM
We could just ban you so you can't see what people talk about. For you, it would be the same as the putting the dog down, you wouldn't be able to see it anymore, you'd know the corpse is there somewhere, but you won't be able to take the shovel and dig up the grave :). This would be best for everyone If those that wanted the forums put down as well were banned so they get the same experience as if the forums were down, k k ^_^.

whats the difference of the forums and the game if u ban everyone it will just die too :)

Death Wyrm
07-14-2015, 12:23 PM
https://youtu.be/_SoU4qzZlcw?t=17

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you.

stoney
07-14-2015, 12:23 PM
R.i.P

Achieles Fireland
07-14-2015, 12:30 PM
Its been real too bad to see another game with so much potential fail.

Santo
07-14-2015, 12:46 PM
seeing that it's now actually game over, is it time to bring back a "10 best fighters of all time best ♥♥♥ fighters"? i reckon that thread could keep us going for another 5 years easily.

Beer Baron
07-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Release that source code Nexeon and Marko,

Boooo
07-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Release that source code Nexeon and Marko,

amen to that

Ivan Dubrovsky
07-14-2015, 12:58 PM
RIP the best game I ve ever played.

Gilbert Long
07-14-2015, 01:24 PM
Finally, ♥♥♥ can rest easy without being resurrected and beat to death over and over again. Please don't ever try to bring it back, it's over.

GG y'all.

MrGodZilla
07-14-2015, 01:42 PM
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11689755/images/1282027135628.jpg

Tom Anderson
07-14-2015, 02:00 PM
This was expected since FOTD came out.

RIP ♥♥♥! <3

Monphat
07-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Sadly my epilogue for the game was deleted along with Cadonez's thread...

...and that defines the game more than any written word.

Fenix Gears
07-14-2015, 02:12 PM
It has been years since I've wandered these halls, but...

Rest well ♥♥♥.

It's times like these that I wished I can go back in time just for a little bit and relive some of those memories.

To the people befriended, to the people trolled, to the people hurted throughout these years. Thank you.

Fenix Gears
Chairman of the Dominion Security Council

Wafflecones
07-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Excellent decision, but still sad to see the game go.

ForumsOfMankind4Lyfe - Open it all back up.

Beer Baron
07-14-2015, 03:03 PM
In a period of one year or one year and a half the game could be ported to another engine, but release the source code.

Fifty One Caliber
07-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Take care all. RIP ♥♥♥. About time to be honest.

If you want to join GoM/VP TS info= ts37.gameservers.com:9314

Kane Peregrine
07-14-2015, 03:15 PM
So, what about a ♥♥♥ Star Citizen organization?

FishcakeNIN
07-14-2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks for everything, ♥♥♥ was the catalyst to roleplaying for me. I'll never forget it.
Long live ♥♥♥.

Cuyval Dar
07-14-2015, 03:18 PM
So, what about a ♥♥♥ Star Citizen organization?
Already have one.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TALON
Mix of LED, GoM, BoS, and mercs.

Plus this as sort of a placeholder if you want to be a bitch in some other org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/♥♥♥

Kane Peregrine
07-14-2015, 03:20 PM
Already have one.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TALON
Mix of LED, GoM, BoS, and mercs.

Plus this as sort of a placeholder if you want to be a bitch in some other org.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/♥♥♥

What, No FDC? <.< I dont know man...

Cuyval Dar
07-14-2015, 03:39 PM
What, No FDC? <.< I dont know man...
I think we have 2 token FDC.

Banjo
07-14-2015, 03:44 PM
I'll bet 250uc on SC failing

Epik the Wizard
07-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Well it was only a matter of time...i've broken so many keyboards playing this ♥♥♥♥ing game lmfao

Chip Lawrie
07-14-2015, 04:27 PM
I think we have 2 token FDC.

Am token. Am administrative staff. Am paperwork god.

Gareth
07-14-2015, 04:32 PM
In a period of one year or one year and a half the game could be ported to another engine, but release the source code.

blankquote

Ferin Sha
07-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Oh just seen Xabin is in Talon aswell, gunna have to rip off the skin of my forearms and use it as a ♥♥♥♥ing noose

Cuyval Dar
07-14-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm surprised you didn't do that when all the dutch joined.

BioXide
07-14-2015, 05:22 PM
I'm currently doing a multiplayer FPS for my summer job as an instructor/professor, my class is doing all the art while I focus strictly on programming/technical aspects of the game. It's currently playable online with multiple features already replicated over the net. Once I'm done with this, I plan on re-structuring once I'm done with it to at least remake ♥♥♥bat on Unreal Engine 4. I don't intend on making an actual remake of the entire game, but taking it's combat and expand it to become an arena shooter.

Here's a small vid, it's EXTREMELY early in development, but the basics of server/client are working nicely, which is probably the hardest part of a networked game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Z4qtKEyf0

Beer Baron
07-14-2015, 05:25 PM
release tha source code da souuuurce cooooode

Gareth
07-14-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm currently doing a multiplayer FPS for my summer job as an instructor/professor, my class is doing all the art while I focus strictly on programming/technical aspects of the game. It's currently playable online with multiple features already replicated over the net. Once I'm done with this, I plan on re-structuring once I'm done with it to at least remake ♥♥♥bat on Unreal Engine 4. I don't intend on making an actual remake of the entire game, but taking it's combat and expand it to become an arena shooter.

Here's a small vid, it's EXTREMELY early in development, but the basics of server/client are working nicely, which is probably the hardest part of a networked game.

please segue this into a ♥♥♥-like game. i would still pay to play ♥♥♥, just not the ♥♥♥ we were given in the last two years

BioXide
07-14-2015, 05:42 PM
please segue this into a ♥♥♥-like game. i would still pay to play ♥♥♥, just not the ♥♥♥ we were given in the last two years

I will, the game that I'm making is an arena TF2 type of game, so it should be extremely easy to turn into ♥♥♥bat, just make it 3rd person and tweak some variables and there we have it. I don't want to make an MMO but just an arena shooter, since I'm extremely busy with project frequency.

Gareth
07-14-2015, 05:53 PM
logged into ♥♥♥ right now, kinda surreal that theres literally no one here with me

- - - Updated - - -

aquatica flooded with turrets an aliens, i just wanted to look around :P still cant get away from cloning for too long

Gareth
07-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Theres so much here, it hurts to think it will go to waste

John Doe
07-14-2015, 06:16 PM
nexeon;384391']dear community,

we have come to the joint decision with duplex to shutdown the face of mankind servers on august 31, 2015. Although we would personally love to see ♥♥♥ live forever, every game has a lifetime and we feel that ♥♥♥'s lifetime has come to an end. The engine behind it is too old to create new, meaningful content, and the visuals aren't on par with newer releases that come out on an almost daily basis.

We would like to thank all of the players (both current and past) and the backers for their continued loyalty and devotion to the game. Face of mankind was always about the players, and without you all, it wouldn't be here today.

Hahahahahahaha!

Jack
07-14-2015, 06:32 PM
I'm free...I'm finally free, its over!!!... Until Marco's next super secret project is released.

ChexGuy
07-14-2015, 06:41 PM
when's nanoverse: revival

Ian Brooker
07-14-2015, 07:52 PM
For all those who care. I will miss ♥♥♥ but it has to go. Just remember the fun times and for all those who want my steam its ian8107.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

DeKay Tha Truth
07-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Yours truly dekay 39th street nikka rip ♥♥♥ feel free to add dekay on facebook beforehand if u like before the forums shutdown aswell also last chance to troll DK
https://www.facebook.com/Teddy.De.Kay

Stoic
07-14-2015, 09:22 PM
Release the rights of ♥♥♥ to the community please. There's really no reason not to.

MrGodZilla
07-14-2015, 09:45 PM
What I'm starting to think here is people will either pick up on the topic of ♥♥♥ and make it better, or recreate it entirely.

Or you could just let it bury itself forever, not my problem.
Though, I wish I could post on the rest of the forum, but for some reason
No Character = No Posting Rights

Link the Hobo
07-15-2015, 01:00 AM
From 2005 to present this is the game that defined the Genre of MMO for me personally. Just recently picked up a free Albion key and the full loot and crafting brought back all the good memories. Seems sad to read this after logging out of it for the night.

Thanks for the great game boys. Reefer is real upset today I wonder if its because of this.

MrGodZilla
07-15-2015, 02:02 AM
Albion Online looks like a cross between Dota 2 and Archeage.

Well, since the game is dying, I guess I have the time to ask a question.
I'm having a connection problem.
"Connect to the server has failed. Reconnecting to server..."
Appears whenever I launch the game itself.
Any help?

Rian Felix
07-15-2015, 02:54 AM
Albion Online looks like a cross between Dota 2 and Archeage.

Well, since the game is dying, I guess I have the time to ask a question.
I'm having a connection problem.
"Connect to the server has failed. Reconnecting to server..."
Appears whenever I launch the game itself.
Any help?

You forgot to uninstall

CJ Morris
07-15-2015, 04:28 AM
Always loved this game. So unique compared to every other MMO out there. ♥♥♥ is the only game I ever came back to play. Sad to see it go.

Moon
07-15-2015, 05:13 AM
Good game, whiles it lasted.

HEXYDEZiMAL
07-15-2015, 06:47 AM
Now that Face of Mankind is finally going down again, it seems appropriate to leave this here:

http://youtu.be/EVjQLC6aolI

I'll always have a place in my heart for the Freedom Defence Corps.

To those of you who only got to play Fall of the Dominion, you'll never know what you missed. For real time years, many of the soldiers in this video were my comrades. We fought and died together on every scrap of land in the galaxy, against each faction and mercenary cell; patrolled damned near every day. We were the faction Face of Mankind needed, even if we weren't the faction Face of Mankind wanted.

So this is a salute to everyone who has ever wore the Legacy brand of military green. You know who you are.

Same with the Legacy LED. Miss you guys, and when you'd bug me for DMC raid responses at 3 AM.

MrGodZilla
07-15-2015, 07:51 AM
You guys make this game look like Satan compared to what it used to be.
Well, if you're not going to give any useful insight about my problem, I'll just uninstall.

dragonrebel
07-15-2015, 07:55 AM
You guys make this game look like Satan compared to what it used to be.
Well, if you're not going to give any useful insight about my problem, I'll just uninstall.

Thats because it pretty much is. Don't think anybody can help you much with your problem. Its not like the developers are still going to give a lot of support of the game is going to cease at the end of next month.

larsreallars
07-15-2015, 07:55 AM
05-06 were frankly the best times I had playing a game. makes me sad

so whats next guys?YOU SEXY BEAST!
Porkel the man, the myth, the legend!
LTD for life

Vios
07-15-2015, 09:18 AM
I still don't understand why you guys are acting like it's over, you still have till the end of August to play the game, on the other hand I'm stuck with connection errors and can't play the game at all.
Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess.

Please don't make me laugh. I'd rather slit my wrists than to play this... whatever the ♥♥♥♥ this is now.

Stoic
07-15-2015, 09:27 AM
Please don't make me laugh. I'd rather slit my wrists than to play this... whatever the ♥♥♥♥ this is now.

I think that's taking this whole "♥♥♥ sucks" thing a little too far. Even in the current state - this is certainly not the worst game out there. (Have you played Supreme?) Your attitude has been borderline snobby lately in regards to ♥♥♥. Just wanted to put that out there.

Vios
07-15-2015, 09:36 AM

If I were you I wouldn't waste my time with anything remotely related to ♥♥♥ and just focus on Frequency. It just wouldn't feel the same even though I'd probably play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Your attitude has been borderline snobby lately in regards to ♥♥♥. Just wanted to put that out there.

You don't say...

I wonder why.

- - - Updated - - -

Even in the current state - this is certainly not the worst game out there.

What the ♥♥♥♥ do I care? It's still horrifyingly bad and it's not worth my time anymore.
Why should I fiddle with corpses just because they're going to decompose in a few weeks?

Stoic
07-15-2015, 09:37 AM
You don't say...

I wonder why.

Because you're idolizing the game beyond what it actually deserves lol. This game has been dead to me since 2006, get over it. This isn't even the first time we've been told ♥♥♥ was shutting down permanently. It has about a 50/50 chance of being brought back to life in the next year or two.

What the ♥♥♥♥ do I care? It's still horrifyingly bad and it's not worth my time anymore.
Why should I fiddle with corpses just because they're going to decompose in a few weeks?

And yet, here you are. Fiddling away. It certainly seems to be worth your time with the amount of time you've spent on these forums.

MrGodZilla
07-15-2015, 09:37 AM

Saying you'd rather slit your wrists than play this game is saying you would rather kill yourself because you can't stand a simple game.

You're either socially unstable or something recently affected you.

Either that or you're trolling.

(I'll just walk along now.)

Arsenic
07-15-2015, 10:57 AM
i never explited the game just try to make content for you to log in and have fun shooting at me thats all

I think he means exploits as a synonym for adventures/actions/etc. Not that you were actually exploiting.

Boooo
07-15-2015, 12:39 PM
i hope so

RaZe
07-15-2015, 01:19 PM
I didn't even know this game existed... I'm too busy with university and real-life issues. Regardless, this made my childhood a memorable one - a lot of great experiences. RIP ♥♥♥.

Sheldon Williams
07-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Everything as expected. Strangely it took quite a lot.

Beer Baron
07-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Release that source code nezeon

Oblivious
07-15-2015, 02:52 PM
Release that source code nezeon

Here you go Beer, enjoy!

if (game->GetNameIdent() == GameName.FaceOfMankind)
Shutdown('August 31st, 2015');

As for releasing the code, your best bet is to send a personalized message to [DEV] neXeon and see if he replies!

Caine Vako
07-15-2015, 03:27 PM
Bye ♥♥♥. You won't be missed.

LORDe DOOMe IX
07-15-2015, 03:47 PM
♥♥♥ is more desolate than oblivious' hairline

rip

ChexGuy
07-15-2015, 04:52 PM
good LORDe your name is hard to look at

dragonrebel
07-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Oblivious;384659']Here you go Beer, enjoy!

if (game->GetNameIdent() == GameName.FaceOfMankind)
Shutdown('August 31st, 2015');

As for releasing the code, your best bet is to send a personalized message to [DEV] neXeon and see if he replies!

Well, so far, he doesn't reply.

Samuel L Blaze
07-15-2015, 06:02 PM
For the watch.

Hilda Red
07-15-2015, 06:17 PM
11/10 would play again.
-Che

Sureshot
07-15-2015, 06:23 PM
11/10 would play again.
-Che

Wait che all these years you were actually trying to play and get good at ♥♥♥? :O

jk <3

Roach
07-15-2015, 06:25 PM
Haven't actually checked it out but..

https://github.com/jsj2008/lithtech

Grukan
07-15-2015, 06:27 PM
https://youtu.be/PHQLQ1Rc_Js?t=5s

Viper Baller
07-15-2015, 06:43 PM
RIP ♥♥♥. GG

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Munki
07-15-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't think I'll ever forget this game and our deprived little community.

It hurts to see the true potential of the game never realised, but I'm glad the remaining shell of one of the most special games I've ever played is finally allowed to die.

RIP ♥♥♥. LED #1.

Terragon
07-15-2015, 08:19 PM
bye fam

Marker
07-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Stopped caring about this game a while ago because it was just too cringey to see what was happening to it.
But I'm here to pay my respects.
It was like seeing a person you love get addicted to drugs and HGH in some illusion that it would better themselves and in the end finally overdosing and falling into a coma for years.
I'm glad to hear the flatline(as I'm sure many others are).

RIP ♥♥♥, you were fun, you were bad. Usually more often the latter than the former, but the former somehow outweighed the latter.

LORDe DOOMe IX
07-15-2015, 09:10 PM
The greatest issue with ♥♥♥ has always been Marko's hubris: he started off with a clear vision for what his game should be and pushed ahead with it regardless of the outcome.

Whilst this determination is an admirable trait... somewhere during ♥♥♥'s tortured journey (commonly speculated to be 2005) his vision started to blatantly diverge from the expectations of the niche community he had attracted.

Any game/community no matter how objectively bad can function as long as it is populated, Marko (and subsequent development efforts since) have always put their own interpretation of what ♥♥♥ should be before that of the small but resilient (and borderline fanatical) player-base.

I think amateur devs often forget that unlike successful studios they can't bend players to their mechanics but are
more tied to designing and producing a game that the community actually wants to play (needless to say an active and happy community generates revenue and growth).

...i dunno why i typed that
i guess if anybody ever looks at this they can have a summary of why ♥♥♥ died 10 years go

edit: any ♥♥♥ thugs who don't have me on steam add me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999640196
(afrei)

Natasha
07-15-2015, 10:47 PM
This is what happens when you ignore the game and players start to leave?

Game was fun despite being old, perhaps if someone would develop a new game similar to ♥♥♥ on a new engine and do it correctly.

. I would have kept playing ♥♥♥ myself, the problem, game felt too much of a grind, and the game itself was nowhere like the original ♥♥♥, the developers just had no idea what to do which is why the game started out strong and everyone started leaving the game.

♥♥♥ however is one of those games like NeoCron 2 you just can't forget and remember for the rest of your Real Life.

Perhaps they should consider selling to an active developer team the rights to the game who can actually do the game right perhaps some company will buy it out.

I really do miss the Original ♥♥♥, and the Old FDC that once exist.

dragonrebel
07-15-2015, 11:21 PM
Game was fun despite being old, perhaps if someone would develop a new game similar to ♥♥♥ on a new engine and do it correctly.

. I would have kept playing ♥♥♥ myself, the problem, game felt too much of a grind, and the game itself was nowhere like the original ♥♥♥, the developers just had no idea what to do which is why the game started out strong and everyone started leaving the game.

♥♥♥ however is one of those games like NeoCron 2 you just can't forget and remember for the rest of your Real Life.

Perhaps they should consider selling to an active developer team the rights to the game who can actually do the game right perhaps some company will buy it out.

I really do miss the Original ♥♥♥, and the Old FDC that once exist.

They can't sell it. ♥♥♥ isn't a game with an economic future. They tried to make it work three different times with three different business models and it failed every time.
First normal subscribtion, and this even at the time where MMOs were generally with subscription, not now where most people expect free to play. It didn't work.
The micropayments. They don't work in ♥♥♥. ♥♥♥ is the type of game where even limiting cosmetic items to certain players means the game is imbalanced and not as good as it could be.
Then the last time around, they finally had a business model that might work, ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er, which is pretty much a donation based system, and while they got funds to do some shit, they also changed the game way too much for it to be liked by many of the people that donated. By the way, if you donated and didn't see it coming that the game would be a totally different game and not as good, you have only your self to blame. Not too long before the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er, the devs made a post where they said they were looking to attract a different kind of demographic, those interested in FPS and willing to spend ♥♥♥♥♥ both on cosmetics as well as on things that give them more power ingame. And even if you did not read that post, they had a ♥♥♥♥ing poll during the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥er in which they asked if you wanted to have vortex gates back, or dual weilding pistols or pets. Does a poll with those 3 options sound like a poll for a ♥♥♥ like game?

Nah, ♥♥♥ just doesn't work economically. The only viable system for income is donations. Just look at how many players bought tons of things on the micropayment market, not because they needed it, but just to give more ♥♥♥♥♥ to the devs to keep the game running.

This game can only function in the hands of the community without a goal of profit. Anything else just doesn't work. It is too different from other MMOs and doesn't have the advertising budget for people to give it a chance in a subscription model. And almost any kind of microtransactions upset the balance.

Aegon Blackfyre
07-16-2015, 01:02 AM
o7 thanks to Serge and the whole blitzkrieg squad for the fun beef we shared together.

Dagge
07-16-2015, 02:14 AM
The only thing that I hear in my head when I think of ♥♥♥.

https://youtu.be/KIsv1YOFNys

I'm gonna miss you all, friends and foes, trolls and morons, you all made this game fun and unique.

and ofc.. :FDC:FDC.

Arochelo Pizanto
07-16-2015, 04:23 AM
Im gonna miss you all, I loved ♥♥♥ so bad... too bad it ends this way.

Raven Anderson
07-16-2015, 06:06 AM
Woops, 3 days too late.
It's the right thing to do, and I'm glad I experienced ♥♥♥ in its better days.
I've chatted with a lot of good people, some of them I unfortunately lost touch with.
But here's to the memories.

Eran Mabus (FDC/LED)
Raven Anderson (GoM)
Dante Seraph (BoS)

Santiago T Marquez
07-16-2015, 06:55 AM
It's been a good 10 years, good luck everyone.

dragonrebel
07-16-2015, 09:04 AM
It's been a good 10 years, good luck everyone.

Well, not all of the 10 years were good.

Ian Brooker
07-16-2015, 09:08 AM
♥♥♥ = ROLLERCOASTER.

So many ups and downs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Loire Pouilly
07-16-2015, 11:31 AM
If anyone is playing dota 2 around europe, Add;
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070976751/

Phoenix Mask
07-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Guild wars 2 anyone

ChexGuy
07-16-2015, 12:09 PM
Guild wars 2 anyone

shit game

♥♥♥♥ing BRs, suggest something better

Boooo
07-16-2015, 12:10 PM
screw you eggroll

- - - Updated - - -

o7 thanks to Serge and the whole blitzkrieg squad for the fun beef we shared together.

screw you eggroll

Phoenix Mask
07-16-2015, 12:13 PM
shit game

♥♥♥♥ing BRs, suggest something better
Come on

We can shit on zergs while outnumbered there, it reminds me of fighting fdc

Fenix Gears
07-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Come on

We can shit on zergs while outnumbered there, it reminds me of fighting fdc

I can confirm this. Zergs can be shat upon in GW2.

Alec Zechs
07-16-2015, 01:08 PM
any good FPS

AdamG
07-16-2015, 01:22 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted. I had some good memories here.

ChexGuy
07-16-2015, 01:24 PM
any good FPS

insurgency

Adam Meyer
07-16-2015, 01:31 PM
Will be missed.

Saber De Largos
07-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Cool beans.
(rep4rep)

Monphat
07-16-2015, 02:42 PM
On a more serious note, some of the experiences I have had in ♥♥♥ are still the best I have ever experienced in gaming and I imagine that will stay that way for a long while. Thanks to everyone who made that the case, especially Monphat you ♥♥♥♥ed up psycho.

Farewell, my lad.

Robolord
07-16-2015, 02:50 PM
This community really is a disfunctional family..

Safwan Ramzan
07-16-2015, 03:08 PM
People need to stop mentioning alternate games in this thread

Chex will go ham on yall asses

Mandem Boi
07-16-2015, 03:33 PM
Last chance for my nudes

Cuyval Dar
07-16-2015, 03:44 PM
who wants to play ck2? horselords just came out. the dothraki shall rise.

Rusty
07-16-2015, 03:58 PM
TS3: www.Beardforce.com

Clearly the important question is whether or not Forums of Mankind will continue and if it will have a premium option for more emotes, rep, and ability to tell the forum mods to ♥♥♥♥ off.

Phoenix Mask
07-16-2015, 03:59 PM
I am coming just to lag ur game

Atrocity Lone
07-16-2015, 04:05 PM

Oh you mean that one you caused us to loose, because you wouldn't let me give birth to my baby dragons?

Cuyval Dar
07-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Oh you mean that one you caused us to loose, because you wouldn't let me give birth to my baby dragons?
As I recall, you ♥♥♥♥ers got mutinied by your vassals. We weren't even 10 minutes in.

Chip Lawrie
07-16-2015, 04:12 PM

Dude I've played with him on CK2 twice this week. He didn't last more than an hour either time...

Cuyval Dar
07-16-2015, 04:13 PM
Dude I've played with him on CK2 twice this week. He didn't last more than an hour either time...
I always last at least an hour.

Atrocity Lone
07-16-2015, 04:14 PM
I always last at least an hour.

I usually only make it about 5 minutes ask your previous wives

Mandem Boi
07-16-2015, 04:21 PM
A serious question if anyone can answer.

Via steam charts, 'July 2014 158.0 avg players, 538 peak players'

I cannot remember 2009-11 much as I was just a kid but does anyone have an idea of the average and peak player count of in legacy? Lets just say legacy 2010 July as an example. Anybody have an idea? Just wondering because I never played FotD when it peaked and I am curious to compare it to what I remember in legacy etc..

ChexGuy
07-16-2015, 07:16 PM
ck2 pls

- - - Updated - - -

Testing my asianness

real chex:
amazing work on the forums, guys. real talk.

Mandem Boi
07-16-2015, 07:22 PM
what the ♥♥♥♥ kind of name is mandem boi

real mandem: not sure really

Samuel L Blaze
07-16-2015, 07:28 PM
I suck at Dota

I'm also Tod's bitch and Craig Murphy is better than me